We tried a new granola the other day. The girls let me eat it all meaning they weren’t all that impressed. I on the other hand loved it. I brought some to work for the coworkers to try and they all loved it too. I’ve actually had multiple requests to bring in more. I will make this again, I didn’t have anything for the dried fruit element so I think with that in missing piece in place the girls will love it too.
Very good as cereal. I just love ice cold milk over homemade granola.
The loving spoonful.
Olive oil granola
Recipe from In the Kitchen with A Good Appetite: 150 Recipes and Stories About the Food You Love by Melissa Clark. Everything I’ve made from this book has been wonderful. Highly recommended.
- 3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 c. pistachios, (I used a mixture of walnuts, cashews and almonds)
- 1 c. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 c. coconut chips
- 3/4 c. pure maple syrup (I used 1/2 c. maple syrup and 1/4 c. honey)
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground cardamom or ground ginger
- 3/4 c. chopped dried apricots
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the apricots well. Transfer to an 11×17 baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for about 45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in apricots. Serve with fresh ricotta and berries. You can also pour some cold milk over it and eat as cereal or just eat plain as an easy snack.