Homemade blueberry pancakes.

Little Z asked for blueberry pancakes this morning and blueberry pancakes she received. Pancakes from scratch are quick and easy and require just a few basic ingredients that most of us have around the house. This recipe made super fluffy ones that were perfect for those fatty blueberries. Add some fresh strawberries and more blueberries on the side and we have ourselves a breakfast made for a princess and her servant (wink).

Homemade Blueberry Pancakes

Snagged the recipe here.

1 1/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 c. white whole wheat flour
3 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 T. turbinado sugar, blended into a fine powder
1 1/4 c. organic whole milk (cream top if you can swing it)
1 free range organic egg
3 T. butter, melted
1/2 t. vanilla extract
hand full of organic blueberries

Sift together all the dry ingredients. Make a well in center and add the wet ingredients and mix. Finally fold in the blueberries (or chocolate chips or whatever). Heat skillet to medium or medium high heat. Pour/scoop 1/4 c. batter on skillet and cook brown on each side.

This entry was posted in Food, vegetarian, Whole foods and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted June 14, 2010 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Those look great – almonst too pretty to eat (almost!).

2. Posted June 14, 2010 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Those look delectable!

3. Posted June 14, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Katya – Thanks, I visited your site and I think someone has a brownie fetish. ;-) me like.

4. Posted June 14, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Steph – I love snapping the pics then giving the “fancy” plate to someone to eat it all up. Your weeknight enchiladas are making me hungry by the way.

5. Vivian
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Hello. Came across your recipe from tastespotting. I’m making them right now minus the blueberries and I substituted the milk with coconut milk. Quite tasty. Thank you!

6. Posted September 3, 2010 at 5:00 am | Permalink

Vivian – Love the idea of using coconut milk. I think I’m going to have to try that now. Thanks!