This is about the forth time I’ve made this. The second time I had enough leftover to bring to a coworker (Larry) to try. He said it looked like more than enough and that he could get two meals out of it. Wrong, it was so good he ate it all in one sitting. His discription was heaven in his mouth. If you like peanut sauce this one is super yummy. And those are blood oranges in the pic fyi.
Noodles and Peanut Sauce
- 8 oz. uncooked angel hair/thin pasta, I use barilla brand
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter, brought to room temperature
- 1/3 c. soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 T. turbinado sugar, blended into a fine powder
- 4 t. sesame oil
- 1 T. white vinegar
- 3 to 4 cloves minced garlic, or garlic powder equivalent
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup water
Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients well except water. Once mixed smooth gradually add in water to desired consistency. I went right in between suggested amounts and it was perfect.
Serve with sesame seeds or crushed peanuts on top. Cucumbers or zucchini are great extras. You can add just about anything you want; chicken, shrimp or tofu. Don’t forget the Sriracha sauce.